BP strengthens in-house team with hires from PPF, Aon Hewitt

first_imgSmart joined in June from consultancy Aon Hewitt, which he joined in December 2012 as senior researcher for bond managers.Prior to that, he spent nearly three years as managing director at Switzerland’s Helvetica WMP.However, Smart spent the majority of his career at Lazard Asset Management, leaving Invesco in 1995 for his new role.Prior to his departure in 2009, he was the firm’s UK head of fixed income.Sara also joined in June, after nearly five years at the PPF as principal fund manager, in charge of asset allocation and investment strategy.In June, he told IPE the lifeboat fund would look into building its funded hedging strategy following concerns over the price of derivatives trades.Prior to joining the PPF, Sara spent more than nine years at HSBC Global Asset Management, starting his career at WestLB Asset Management in 1994.BP IM declined to comment on either appointment.Both appointments come after Sally Bridgeland resigned as chief executive of the fund.Bridgeland, who had been chief executive of BP Pension Trustees for nearly seven years, left in April and has since confirmed she will join Dutch outsourcing advisers Avida International.The fund slightly underperformed its 15% benchmark in 2013 – the last full year under Bridgeland’s tenure – returning 14.7%. BP’s £19bn (€22.7bn) pension fund has increased its in-house capacity, hiring new heads of fixed income and investment strategy.BP Investment Management (BP IM) has named Ian Smart as head of fixed income and the Pension Protection Fund’s (PPF) Opkar Sara as head of investment strategy.In his new role, Smart will be responsible for more than £3.3bn in fixed income holdings, spread across the fund’s £2.6bn fixed interest and £469m index-linked bond portfolio.It holds a further £201m in UK fixed income as part of its pooled investments.last_img read more

Guidelines Being Drafted to Reopen Orlando’s Theme Parks in Phases

first_imgLines for rides will include tape markings to keep customers six feet apart.The plans calls for the theme parks to reopen in several phases.Phase one would allow the parks with a 50 percent capacity. Phase two increases to 75 percent capacity, as long as coronavirus conditions improve.Staff members who are 65 years of age and older would be encouraged to stay home during the first two phases.The governor announced during a Wednesday afternoon news conference that his “SAFE. SMART. STEP-BY-STEP. Plan to Re-Open Florida” will begin with Phase One this Monday, May 4 for most of the state. If you or your children are missing Mickey Mouse, Cinderella, Captain America, the Hulk, and the rest of the Disney cast, plans are officially in the works for their comeback.Yes indeed, the major theme parks in Orlando are developing a framework to reopen.The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World has been closed since mid-March due to the coronavirus pandemic.Meanwhile, movie releases have been postponed and workers there began taking furloughs last week.Universal Orlando also temporarily closed all of its parks last month.With Gov. DeSantis announcing plans to reopen Florida beginning next week, Orange County leaders are drafting their own guidelines for some of the world’s biggest attractions to get back in business as soon as possible.Those guidelines include face masks for all employees, touchless hand sanitizer stations at all ticket entry locations, turnstiles, and at the entrances and exits to all attractions.In addition, all railings and surfaces must be wiped down after every use.Staff members will be required to undergo temperature checks. Orange County Government also says that anyone with flu-like symptoms must stay home. Courtesy: Orange County Governmentlast_img read more

Rohit Sharma and the rest of Twitter troll Yuzvendra Chahal after he is compared…

first_imgImage Courtesy: Instagram(@yuzi_chahal23)/WWEAdvertisement huzNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs6yfWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Eadb5( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 8j94ypWould you ever consider trying this?😱c1Can your students do this? 🌚ytycRoller skating! Powered by Firework The squad members of the Indian Cricket Team are often known to pull pranks on their teammates or do online trolling on various social media platforms, and this time, its Rohit Sharma who has done the deed on Yuzvendra Chahal. The bowler recently got a new tattoo done, and the superstar opener took it to Twitter to draw a hilarious similarity between Chahal and the actor and former WWE wrestler, the legendary Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock!Advertisement Image Courtesy: Instagram(@yuzi_chahal23)/WWEYuzvendra Chahal enjoys his time in the gym, and is always open to flaunt his lean muscles and six pack. The leg spinner just got a new tattoo done, which is the image of a lion. The tattoo that covers his right chest and shoulder, is very similar to how The Rock himself had his tribal piece one, but covering the left chest, shoulder and hand.Yesterday on his official Twitter handle, Rohit Sharma posted a collage of Chahal and The Rock, with the caption: “Best picture I saw today. India wins the series but someone else takes the headlines. Bravo!!@yuzi_chahal.” Check it out here-Advertisement The stooge was the first to react. The 29 year old spinner retweeted Sharma’s photo and wrote “The rock” with some emojis. Soon after, the followers jumped on the occasion.@coolfunnytshirt sarcastically says The Rock “is no match for Chahal”@Kanatunga writes that Chahal should swap sport and join professional wrestling, as the WWE franchise had not seen any Indian wrestlers since The Great Khali.@Cricprabhu jokes on getting a signed kit from the player who “loves to show the packs”.There was a wholesome reaction from @iamgowtham88, who believes such activities increase the bonding between the two separate generation of cricketers.Some followers jumped on the occasion with their own creation of funny memes.My tinder profile VS me in real life 😂 pic.twitter.com/2131gRuDKO— Pranjul Sharma🌼 (@Pranjultweet) January 20, 2020Also read-England cricketer Danielle Wyatt trolls Yuzvendra Chahal for being smaller than her!Say Cheese: Yuvraj Singh trolls Jasprit Bumrah for not smiling in photo Advertisementlast_img read more

Another Weah Nominee Halted from Assuming Post

first_imgNeved Kortu, President Weah’s nominee to head the National Lotteries Authority-Claims Constitutional breaches and subsequently ordered police to immediately remove blockade at National Lotteries Authority’s officeFollowing Associate Justice Jamesetta Howard Wolokollie’s decision not to allow President George Weah’s nomination of a deputy commissioner and permanent representative to the International Maritime Organization (IMO) in London, United Kingdom, to take his seat, Wolokolie has again blocked another appointment by President Weah, this time to the National Lotteries Authority (NLA).Wolokolie, currently serving as Justice presiding in Chambers of the Supreme Court, also ordered the Liberia National Police (LNP) that were deployed at the offices of NLA to replace one Agnes Effiong, the deputy director general of the entity, with Weah’s nomination Neved Kortu, to leave immediately.In addition to her order, Justice Wolokolie mandated the parties to stay all proceedings and to return to status quo ante pending her conference with them on Tomorrow, July 10, at 3:p.m.Her action resulted from Madam Effiong’s request for a Writ of Prohibition challenging Weah’s appointment of Kortu to her position as illegal and unconstitutional.Effiong’s lawyer Stanley S. Kparkillen argued that the appointment of the deputy director general at the NLA was not within the appointing power of President Weah, but rather one that is reserved to the board of directors, “and that the appointment of Neved Kortu to the post of deputy director general was illegal and unconstitutional.”Under the Act that created the National Lotteries Authority, the board of directors has the power and authority to appoint a deputy director general for operations as the principal deputy to the director general for an initial term of two years. Consistent with the mandate, the chairman of the board of directors of the NLA, Claude J. Katta, pursuant to a resolution of the board upon review of the record appointed Madam Effiong on September 20, 2015, as deputy director general.By that act, it means that Madam Effiong has the right to the office up to and including September 19, 2018.However, in June this year, President Weah appointed Neved Kortu to her position, while she still had three months left to the expiration of her tenure.  Cllr. Kparkillen alleged that he visited the NLA office and informed the Human Resource there about his preferment by President Weah, as deputy director general.Later, Kortu went to the office with three pick-ups loaded with police that blocked the entrance to the NLA’s office and demanded access for the purpose of installing him as the  new deputy director general.“The alleged conduct of the police under these circumstances are not only patently pre-judicial to her, but they are tantamount to assuming responsibility for the installation of persons appointed by the President through limitation, use of force and threat of force,” Effiong’s lawyer contended.He continued, “The action taken by the police is illegal and inimical to our democratic governance and for which it does not have any statutory mandate or support but the one without legal effect.”Kparkillen argued that the appointing power of the President is expressly limited to positions enumerated under Article 54 and 55 of the 1986 Constitution of Liberia.Article 54:The President shall nominate and, with the consent of the Senate, appoint and commission — cabinet ministers, deputy and assistant cabinet ministers; ambassadors, ministers, consuls and the Chief Justice and Associate Justice of the Supreme Court and judges of subordinate courts; superintendents, other county officials and officials of other political sub-divisions; members of the military from the rank of lieutenant of its equivalent and above and marshals, deputy marshals, and sheriffs.Article 55:The President shall appoint and commission Notaries Public and Justices of the Peace, who shall hold office for a term of two years but may be removed by the President for cause. They shall be eligible for appointment.Cllr. Kparkillen contended further that it is not within the power of the President to appoint any person to the office of deputy director general of the LNA.Only the board of directors consistent with the act has the power to make that appointment, hence, “the appointment by the president of Kortu to the post of deputy director general was in violation of the constitution and the act promulgated by the legislature,” he argued.Kparkillen added that the President, consistent with democratic values, must be seen to preserve, protect, defend and faithfully execute the laws of the country, “and not to violate its provisions.”Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more