TFA and all regions of Queensland have now reached agreement to moving forward in a cooperative manner for the betterment of the sport. TFA will also fully support the installation of a State Council Executive made up of one delegate from each of the six regions in Queensland.Regional Council Executives are currently being formalised in each region, who will in turn appoint a delegate to the State Council Executive.The first State Council Executive meeting could occur before the end of the May, which will be a major milestone for all concerned. The State Council Executive will have a critical role in providing ongoing support, direction, feedback and advice to TFA.
Leonardo Spinazzola pens new Roma dealby Carlos Volcano19 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveLeonardo Spinazzola has extended his Roma contract to June 2024.The fullback arrived from Juventus over the summer with a deal running to June 2023.But he has convinced the Giallorossi so much that they already got him to sign a new and improved deal.The 26-year-old made the move from Juve for €29.5m as part of an exchange with Luca Pellegrini going to Turin. TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
CARDSTON, Alta. – A southern Alberta landlord is hoping the courts will help him with a squatter living in a small shack sitting on a trailer in the driveway of the man’s rental property.“What can you do? Our hands are tied and nobody’s prepared to help,” said Ivan Negrych, who is attempting to remove Bob Cox from the property in the town of Cardston, about 235 kilometres southeast of Calgary.“It’s kind of turning into a nightmare.”Negrych said he had been renting the five-bedroom home to Cox’s former common-law wife. The woman and two daughters allowed him to move in after he was injured in a car accident about 18 months ago. She moved out Sept. 30 and Negrych rented out the property to another person within days.“He moved in and now he’s refusing to move out,” said Negrych.He said Cox, who wasn’t reachable by phone, is perfectly happy living in the small wooden, windowless shack still parked in the driveway.“It’s roughly 12 feet by 8 (feet) and it’s on a little channel-frame trailer with little wheels on it. It has no brakes. No electricity. He’s pulling electricity from the house from an extension cord.”Cox says he has squatter’s rights. He told CTV News he hopes to move soon, but isn’t ready to do so yet.“I don’t want to be in Ivan’s way,” he told CTV.The problem, said Negrych, is Alberta’s Residential Tenancies Act.“Once (tenants are) in, you can’t get them out. It takes several months, because the process is so long … to get a judgment and eviction court order,” Negrych said.He’s working on getting that order now, he added.Negrych said he asked the RCMP for assistance but was told it’s a civil matter.“They can’t touch him and, in fact, the police asked me to leave the property because I was trespassing and hadn’t given him a 24-hour written notice, which is part of the … act.”A court date has been set for Nov. 7.Negrych said he has given Cox an eviction notice and watched him roll it up and throw it in the garbage. Even if the judge does grant a removal order, it could be between four weeks and four months before Cox can be legally removed, he said.— By Bill Graveland in Calgary. Follow @BillGraveland on Twitter
New Brunswick boxer David Whittom, who had been in an induced coma since suffering a brain hemorrhage following a fight last spring, has died. He was 39.His partner, Jelena Zerdoner, announced his death on Facebook on Friday.“With a broken heart in a million pieces, I announce to you my friends that my David Whittom has joined the angels and my mother this afternoon,” she said in French.“Rest in peace my champion.”Whittom’s passing nearly 10 months after a knockout prompted an outpouring of support on social media from friends, fans and fellow boxers.Brandon Brewer, a professional boxer and Canadian light middleweight champion from Fredericton, offered his “deepest condolences” to Whittom’s family.“Every time Dave came down to Fredericton he would help me train,” Brewer said in a Facebook post Saturday.“He was always trying to help guide me in the right direction. He always taught me to stay positive and stay focused no matter what.”Whittom, a native of Saint Quentin, N.B., was once a promising super-middleweight who fought world title contenders.Saskatoon’s Gary Kopas beat him by technical knockout with just 37 seconds left in the 10-round bout in May.Whittom became ill hours later and was taken to hospital in Fredericton and later to Saint John, N.B., where he underwent surgery the next day.He had twice considered retirement, hanging up his gloves briefly only to return to the ring.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has revealed that it is exciting to be a part of Liverpool right now and that he is loving it at AnfieldThe England international joined the club last summer from Arsenal and has thrived in his new role under Jurgen Klopp this season with Chamberlain having played a key part in Liverpool’s climb to third place in the Premier League and in reaching the semi-finals of the Champions League.But, while enjoying his new role, Chamberlain revealed that it is the club supporters that have helped him live “the moments you dream of as a young lad”.“I love it. It’s not hard to go and enjoy it when you go out there and you hear the fans singing,” the 24 year-old told the club website.“Again today was amazing. It’s not hard to enjoy your football here, really. It helps when your form’s going well and when the results are going for us like they are at the moment.Report: Origi cause Klopp injury concerns George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Divock Origi injury in today’s game against Newcastle is a cause for concern for Jurgen Klopp.Perhaps with one eye on Tuesday’s trip to Italy…“We’re in a good spell at the moment, it’s really enjoyable, but we need to keep focused and I need to keep focused to keep performing at this level and improve to help the team move forward.“Even when we were doing our walk today before the game, the buzz around the city at the moment is amazing.“As a player, you can’t thank people enough for that, they are the moments you dream of as a young lad.“To play for a club like Liverpool that has support like this and to see the appreciation from the fans, it just makes me want to go on the pitch and every time we can keep making them happy.”
Mexico boss Juan Carlos Osorio has hailed the bravery of his side as they produced a shock victory over defending world champions Germany on SundayPSV striker Hirving Lozano finished off a superb counter-attack to score a close-range finish in the 35th minute of the encounter to give Mexico the lead at the Luzhniki Stadium.Toni Kroos almost scored an equaliser for Germany from a free-kick, but the Tri held on to secure a famous win.Speaking after the match, Osorio revealed that he had planned a long time ago to expose Germany’s weak points.“We had plans six months ago to have two quick players on the wings,” he said, according to the Irish Times.Top 5 Bundesliga players to watch during the weekend Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 11, 2019 With the international activity cooling down for the next month, we go back to the Bundesliga’s Top 5 players to watch next weekend.The German…“We chose Hirving [Lozano, the game’s only goalscorer], our quickest player, and Miguel Layún, an offensive midfield player.“In the first half, we managed today to hit them on the counter many times. We could have scored earlier. With all due respect, we were superior to them.“In the second half, they attacked more and they made the substitutions they tend to make. We had prepared for the use of Mario Gomez in attack. We practised defending with four defenders and three players up front and that was how we almost scored a second goal. I’m very satisfied with what we did.“For the players today the phrase was to play for the love of winning not the fear of losing. And that is exactly what they did. They played with real bravery.”Mexico will next play South Korea on Saturday in Rostov-on-Don in Group F.
Now that the Gunners are starting to struggle again in the second half of the season, Andy Cole thinks Wenger wasn’t all to blame at Arsenal.The current Arsenal season is beginning to look strikingly similar to the previous seasons in which Arsene Wenger coached the squad, this pattern has made Andy Cole think that Unai Emery has proven that the French manager didn’t deserve all the blame for the squad’s problems.A full season for one of the biggest clubs in the world is always difficult, they usually have to play four competitions throughout the season and only the clubs that are well-prepared for the challenge are the ones that make it to the final stages at a competitive level.The problem with many squads if that their board of directors is usually not that keen on spending the major pounds to bring reinforcements by the time half a season has passed, this is exactly the problem that Arsenal has gone through for the last decade and the main reason why so many Gunners’ supporters kept booing the club on a weekly basis.Things got really heated up with Arsene Wenger during the final three years, mainly because the fans believed that the French manager didn’t push the owner hard enough to give in to his demands.But the exact same pattern is emerging now with Emery, as the Spaniard is asking for a couple of new players for the winter transfer window and management doesn’t look too happy with the requests.I said this all along https://t.co/UaCLT2ZF3F— daniel york loh (@danielfyork) January 18, 2019The season started very similar to previous seasons that Wenger managed as well, as the Gunners started to make everyone believe they were competitive enough to fight for the titles and then they suddenly had a dramatic level drop because many players started either getting injured or simply running “out of gas”.Just this Thursday there was a statement in which French former player Emmanuel Petit came out on Wenger’s defense, saying that nothing has really changed under Unai Emery and suggesting that the legendary manager didn’t deserve getting sacked.A similar treatment came from former striker Andy Cole, who never played for the French manager but did start his career for the Gunners before having the best years of his career at Manchester United during the Wenger vs Ferguson era.Cole spoke to Sky Sports as a pundit, he described the problem perfectly and also came out in Arsene Wenger’s defense.Leaving clear that the man is a true gentleman of the sport, as he thinks Wenger wasn’t treated fairly and left the rivalry out the door when he decided to talk about this controversial topic.🗣 #THEDEBATE 🗣We’re back on Sky Sports Premier League at 10pm as Tim Sherwood & Andy Cole join @GeoffShreeves!Report: Kanu makes bold claim about Pepe George Patchias – September 13, 2019 Former Arsenal superstar Kanu claims the Premier League teams fear Nicolas Pepe.The Ivory Coast international Pepe, made an 80 million Euro move to Arsenal…Get your questions in 👇 pic.twitter.com/Hr5EXyDlcq— Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) January 16, 2019The defense was directed straight to all those Arsenal fans who always demanded Wenger’s head, people who are looking pretty dumb now that the exact same thing is happening with the Gunners.“From the outside looking in, I’m saying to myself now that all the Arsenal fans at the back end of last season were saying ‘Wenger, he’s got to go, got to go’,” Cole said on Sky Sports via Express.“Now looking at it, can you really say now it was all down to Wenger, if you can only bring in loans now? Where’s all the money gone?”“Being football people, you’ve got to look at it logically. Once one manager goes, of course you’re going to leave players there on big contracts or players might be running down contracts, or whatever.”“But you’ve got to make a decision. You know that the January transfer window opens in January. “You can’t come out and say ‘we can only get loanees’.”“We’re not talking about a Championship team here, we’re talking about one of the biggest teams in the world. “They’ve got money for the summer but not in January.”“What if you’re pushing to try and win the league? You’re supposed to be pushing to try and get a Champions League spot for next season. There’s no money, how are you going to get there?” he concluded.🔴 #OnThisDay in 1995, Andy Cole joined Manchester United. ✍️👕2⃣7⃣5⃣⚽️1⃣2⃣1⃣🏆1⃣9⃣9⃣9⃣#UCL #MUFC @VanCole9 pic.twitter.com/hPXGzTuvFx— UEFA Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) January 10, 2019Do you agree with Cole or was it already Wenger’s time to leave Arsenal? Please share your opinion in the comment section down below.
Mnuchin stopped in Alaska on his way back to Washington, D.C., from Indonesia. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin was briefed on a proposed Alaska liquefied natural gas project during a weekend stopover in the state. During the visit, Walker’s office says Mnuchin also heard about major projects being led by Alaska Native corporations. Austin Baird, a spokesman for Gov. Bill Walker, says the main purpose of the stop was a briefing on the gas project. The trip was not announced in advance. U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski also attended the meetings. The state-sponsored Alaska Gasline Development Corp. has been courting Chinese partners in efforts to advance the project.
In the online education space, if you don’t already have a well of content to draw from, the quickest path to implementation can be an acquisition. That’s the strategy Praetorian Digital, a B2B digital media company serving the public safety and local government markets, used last week when it bought the Fire & EMS training unit from Kaplan Professional Education. Praetorian’s audience to its first responder brands has been growing. Traffic to FireRescue1.com, EMS1.com, PoliceOne.com and CorrectionsOne.com has ballooned to 1.3 million members and 6 million monthly visitors, according to the company. Online training has become a significant business for Praetorian. Two years ago it accounted for less than 5 percent of overall revenue. The Kaplan deal will help it grow to a projected 25 percent this year. Kaplan Fire & EMS will be renamed to the Fire EMS Academy and will be housed in the company’s Fire EMS Academy Division. In all, the group will offer more than 200 training courses, 600 videos and 80 hours of continuing education credits. Training and certificate programs are a key function of first responder markets, and Ford sees them as a complimentary platform to the company’s information products and services. Terms weren’t disclosed but Praetorian CEO Alex Ford says the deal was financed through a mix of existing cash and term loan financing. “We recognized that there is a strong fit between online training and our core media business,” he says. “Rather than build a content library and work through the accreditation process from scratch, an acquisition to fast-track the opportunity made a lot of sense. Kaplan was not actively marketing the business, but it became immediately clear that it was a strong strategic fit with our business and that a combination was a great next step to scale the assets.” The Kaplan product comes with 300 fire and EMS department subscribers and “tens of thousands” of individual students using the products on an on-demand basis, says Ford. The annual department subscriptions are the primary revenue model. “The revenue model matched that of our PoliceOne Academy almost exactly,” he adds .
Dan Cohen AUTHOR The Navy, Western Area Power Administration and Sempra U.S. Gas & Power on Thursday held a ceremony at Naval Air Station North Island, Calif., marking an agreement for eight Navy installations and six Marine Corps bases in California to obtain power from a 210-megawatt direct current solar facility scheduled for construction 60 miles west of Phoenix.The agreement — which will meet one-third of the installations’ energy requirements over its 25-year term — is the largest purchase of renewable energy ever made by a federal entity, according to a Navy press release.Sempra will begin constructing Mesquite Solar 3, which will include more than 650,000 photovoltaic panels on ground-mounted, horizontal, single-axis trackers, this month. The renewable energy developer expects the project to be finished by the end of 2016.Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus underscored the deal’s significance.“The collaboration on Mesquite Solar 3 is a triumph of innovative problem solving, and will help to increase the DON’s [Department of the Navy’s] energy security by diversifying our power portfolio and improving energy efficiency,” said Mabus. “This agreement is also projected to save the DON at least 90 million dollars over the life of the project,” he said.In addition to helping the 14 installations diversify their energy portfolio and provide long-term cost stability, the project will help them comply with California’s renewable portfolio standard. The solar facility will contribute 21 percent of the power needed to meet Mabus’ goal of bringing one gigawatt of renewable energy into procurement by the end of 2015.With the signing of the Mesquite Solar 3 project (210 megawatts), the recent groundbreaking at Camp Lejeune, N.C., (17 MW) last month, and a groundbreaking coming shortly at Kings Bay, Ga., (42 MW), the Navy is on track to meet that goal, with a total of 1.2 gigawatts of projects in the pipeline, according to the release.California installations that will be supplied energy from the Mesquite 3 Solar farm include: Naval Base (NB) San Diego, NB Coronado, NB Point Loma, NB Ventura County, Naval Postgraduate School Monterey, Naval War Station (NWS) Corona, NWS Seal Beach, NWS Fallbrook, Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center 29 Palms, Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, Marine Corps Logistics Base Barstow, Marine Corps Recruitment Depot San Diego and Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center Bridgeport.